Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, August 29, 2008

Go Away Gustav!


Well so much for our horse breaking demo. We had to cancel it due to Gustav. Nathan got a phone call late this afternoon and he was told that the Madison County Fair grounds was going to be one of the many refueling stations. Which means we were kicked out!! The National Guard will be making post there tomorrow. They will be there ready with fuel trucks to go where ever needed. I guess they are making sure we don't have another mad house like we had 3 years ago. That was crazy! Ya'll remember that. Cars going North on I-45 in all 4 lanes. One of my co-workers, Brandy, brought a video camera to work and interviewed everyone about what they were seeing. I live in Huntsville and it was a mess. Folks fighting over gas, people parked all along 45 because they had run out of gas. I hope it doesn't come to that again.

We hope to reschedule the demo very soon. A lot of hard work was put into this for it not to happen. Hope everyone stays safe over the weekend!!

3 comments:

Sandel said...

I left you a little something on my blog, come check it out.


Sorry you had to cancel but God has his own timing and it is not ours. Love ya

Brandy said...

I still have that video!!
Maybe I could post your "interview" on my blog! :)

Sandel said...

check my page. Would love for you to join the challenge.