Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, August 25, 2008

One Year closer to 30!

Well yesterday was my 29th B-Day. It was a good day. I actually celebrated my birthday twice over the weekend. Friday we went over to the Hoke's for dinner and a little gift giving. I got some money, house decor stuff, and candles. Sunday we went to my parents after church. There I got money, stones for my flower bed and clothes.

Alot goes through your mind one your B-day. Like did I do anything fun this last year. Did I reach any of my goals I set? What does this next year have in store for me? What do I want to do in the next year? All of this lead to a talk on the way home from church. Nathan said that we had the TALK yesterday. All I was saying is that we are getting older and that we would probably need to start a family sooner than we really want. Not that we don't want kids and wouldn't be happy with a kid now, but we haven't really done anything as a couple yet. He has been in school so we haven't done much. Not to say that we would do anything! But we could a lot easier if we wanted to. We have talked about at least 2 no more than 3 kids. Big range I know! I was just saying that more than likely we would be at least 30 before we had the 1st kid. Then if we waited 3 years in between #2 would be here at 33 and you see the pattern. I really don't know if I want to be having kids at 36. So I guess we did have the TALK. He didn't freak out like I thought he would. We will just have to wait and see what the Lord has planned for us in the upcoming year.

All in all it was a great B-day. I am very blessed with a great family, and many great friends.
Thanks for all the B-day wishes I got yesterday!

3 comments:

Brandy said...

Hey! Well I didn't get to give you a birthday wish yesterday, but I did think about you! I hope that you had a great day! Happy Late Birthday!
And 30th isn't that bad, but yes, you should start on the bay-bay's soon!

Sandel said...

Happy belated, Love you

MamaBird said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Haley!
~Robin